GoLightly

Default Closed community, public blog?

Old August 26th, 2010, 06:31 PM

Mindy J. is on a distinguished road
A bit of a longshot, but is there any to create a public blog (either personal or group) in a community where closed_system_on (located here: www.url.com/admin.htm?mode=config&level=22) is True?

If not, what's the most efficient way to change closed_system_on to False and make sure that all content (except the single public blog) is still behind a login?

Thanks!

x-posted to:
Administration tools - http://my.golightly.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13
Blogs features - http://my.golightly.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Old August 31st, 2010, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Lisette S. is on a distinguished road
Mindy, if you create a private Group, you can customize the privacy settings to show the Group blog to the community but leave the remaining features of the group private. You do this by clicking on "Switch to Administrator Override Mode" in the privacy settings.

This only makes the blog visible to the community, but not outside the community (i.e., to the rest of the web). Currently, the closed_system_on would need to be set to FALSE, for blogs to be visible to the web.

I have added this as a feature request.