GoLightly

Question How do I move an individual post?

Old December 30th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Contributing Member

Jennifer C. is on a distinguished road
Hello.

I am looking to move one individual post that was made in reply to a thread to make it it's own thread. I have looked at the 'move' selections and only see an option to move the entire thread. How can I move an individual post?

Also, I looked in the vBulletin Community folders for solutions and realized that we are using an unsupported version of their forums (3.5.4). Is this something that GoLightly is looking to update in the future?

~ jen

Old December 30th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Laura R. is on a distinguished road
You should be able to move a post by selecting 'Move Posts' under the Moderation heading beneath the post.

Let me look into the forum version.

Default Question about upgrading vBulletin to newer version

Old December 30th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Administrator

Dale John M. is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Cinclair
Also, I looked in the vBulletin Community folders for solutions and realized that we are using an unsupported version of their forums (3.5.4). Is this something that GoLightly is looking to update in the future?
Hello Jennifer, we have an upgrade to the Forum software on our development roadmap, to be started after we finish the Google Map integration, the new calendar system, and a few other items. Most of the upgrades vBulletin has done since 3.5.4 are very advanced configuration options and features that are not critical to most of our clients, which is why we haven't made an upgrade a higher priority.

Question

Old December 30th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Contributing Member

Jennifer C. is on a distinguished road
Dale ~ Thanks for speaking to my curiosity about the forum versions.

Laura ~ Under 'Moderation' when looking at the thread of two posts that I want to split into two threads I have the option to 'Move Posts', plural, which will move the entire thread (both of the posts). I don't see an option for moving one individual post, which was originally made as a 'Reply' to the first message.

Let me know if you need further information or screenshots, I'm not sure if I'm describing this clearly.

Thanks!

Old December 30th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Laura R. is on a distinguished road
There are four icons in top right of each post. The one next to the monitor icon is a checkbox. Put a checkbox in the post that you want to move and then select Move Posts.