GoLightly

Question How do we control header and footers of emails to groups?

Old January 8th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Contributing Member

Jennifer C. is on a distinguished road
Hello!

I'm looking to send my first email to all of our members via the 'Everyone' group. I want to make sure that this is as sharp as can be, and tested out the header and footer settings and it doesn't seem that I have control over them. Or, perhaps I am missing something.

What I am trying to do is turn off the feature to list the sender's profile link at the top of the page. From the "Edit Email List Information" in the group, I see the following:

Add header link to emails?
Say 'yes' to add (at the top of the email) a link back to the profile of the person who sent the email.

- I chose 'No' but still see the link in my test.

And, I'm also wanting to include the footer with the 'unsubscribe' information. I see the following:

Add footer link to emails?
Say 'yes' to add some information about this Group at the bottom of each email. The information includes the email address of the sender, a link back to this Group, and email addresses where a participant can contact the moderator(s) or unsubscribe.

- I choose 'Yes' but no not see the footer. (Though, not knowing how this looks, is there a way to just insert the 'unsubscribe' into my own text? If so, what would this link be?)

Am I missing something? Also, I'm assuming not, but is there any way to include formatting in these messages (logo, font, colors...)?

Thanks, as always, for your guidance!

~ jennifer

Old January 9th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Administrator

Laura R. is on a distinguished road
Hi Jennifer - thanks for also sending this to the support email. The header and footer should work as you expect. When you send an email to the moderator of the group, this email does not include headers and footers.